Sunday, January 20, 2008

Writers Welcome

So you wanna be a writer huh?
welcome to the club.
I mean the club of writers not wanna be writers.
James Allen said:

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."

so if you think you are then keep chugging along like that train 'I think I can' and that's exactly what you will be - a writer... but hey, don't just think it. Put pen to paper or finger to typewriter/keyboard nuh! - Write something, no matter what. I tell my writer friends all the time... write a little each day if you have to, it adds up. But thers' no kind of writer who doesn't write. There's a cure for that kind of thinking... called a straight jacket. If you are a writer WRITE. Have I said that enough?

Well, with that said, let me add a few words from a great writer Mark Twain:

"Write without pay until
somebody offers you pay.
If nobody offers within three
years the candidate may look
upon the circumstance with
the most implicit confidence
as the sign that sawing wood is
what he was intended for.
Mark Twain.
Ok, maybe I don't really believe that, but is a sweet quote no? Well-written.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch... when u ready fi step pon toe ;)
I agree though... I will be visiting your blog on a regular basis now that I have the link so keep posting and keep inspiring :)